Find your passion for advice again
Are you building the business of your dreams or building someone’s else’s?
When we talk to successful, self-employed financial advisers about their business dreams we hear a common story.
Too often the reason why they got into the advice business has become lost or distracted. With the pressures of regulatory change, rising compliance burdens and the influence of large financial institutions to pursue their own interests has taken the passion and the fun out of running a small business financial advice practice.
Instead of focusing on building a valuable business that delivers unquestionable advice to their clients self-employed financial advisers struggle with big issues like:
- How can I give advice free from product bias?
- How can I help clients in all the areas of advice they need when compliance is designed to protect a large bank-owned licensee’s interests?
- How much is the head office costs of large licensees adding to the cost of advice to my clients for no real value?
- Who’s business am I building – my business or the bank-owned licensee’s?
- How can I build an asset that creates a lifetime value for me and my family beyond just working longer hours?
- Who ultimately owns my clients and what controls can a licensee have over client information and ownership rights?
For many self-directed advisers these questions lead them to consider their own journey to building their business and their own financial futures.
What is your future path? How will you create financial freedom for you and your family and help your clients achieve their goals and dreams through advice without compromise?